How to install the network printer in macOS
For the club members with Full (IT) membership, there is a network printer HP Color LaserJet Professional CP5225dn available. The printer has automatic duplex unit installed for A3 and A4 paper formats. Paper format letter is not supported.
How to install the printer in macOS:
- Select Apple menu > System Preferences > Printers & Scanners.
- In the list of printers choose Add +.
- If you can't see Advanced button, add it like this:
- Right-click on the top panel and choose Customize toolbar
- Find Advanced icon and drag it on the panel
- Click on Advanced
- Fill the table as in the picture(URL: smb://tiskarna.sin.cvut.cz/Sincoolka-ColorLaserJet)
- Click on Select Software from last menu.
- From the dialog, we choose Printer Software as in the picture.
- Choose OK and the printer should install itself. During the instalation, we check Duplexer setting.
- When we print, we might be asked to fill in name and password. You can ignore this request by typing random Name and Password (example: Name: test Password: test)